These days the costs of buying a property are high, and we often compromise with a smaller garden or one less room in an attempt to own the house of our dreams. With additional space a luxury, many homeowners will look to build a conservatory, add a porch or an outhouse in an effort to create more storage space, or a place for relaxation.
Timber outhouses are ideal, from garages, sheds, play houses to work rooms; a timber construction can provide you and your family with that much needed additional space.
The ideal material
If you have asked yourself “Why use timber”, here are a few points to consider:
- Timber is a natural product and therefore is not toxic. It is safe to handle, touch and work with.
- It is a renewable material, with new trees being grown in our forests, therefore the supply will never end.
- It is an excellent insulator, thus reducing the amount of energy that may otherwise be needed to heat the building.
- It is readily available.
- It is extremely versatile and can be used in a wide variety of ways.
- Timber acts as a humidity regulator. It absorbs humidity in damp conditions, and releases moisture in dry conditions.
- With minimal maintenance a timber construction will remain structurally sound.
- As the material is so readily available and easy to work with, repairs can be dealt with easily.
With many variations in colour, texture and form, building with timber allows you to design a structure that perfectly suits your home and expectations. With differences in colour, depth and grain it is not only a visually appealing material, it is also extremely strong and durable. Timber construction ross on wye can help with all of these questions.
Strength & durability
Used for beams, walls and flooring through to framework and timber panels, timber is known for its strength and versatility.
Timber is a naturally insulating material with strong thermal properties. This allows you to design a timber construction that is energy efficient and therefore kinder to the environment.
As timber is so tactile to work with, it can be cut, shaped, and transformed, thus allowing your design ideas to become a reality. You can retain the natural rustic appearance or choose from an array of products to achieve a totally different finish altogether.
Is timber for you?
If you are considering an outhouse, summerhouse, shed, garden decking or even a car port, contact Evolution Trees. We have experience with timber constructions of all shapes and sizes and will happily discuss your requirements with you. We can advise on the best materials to use, the right base/foundations and we can even include power and water points in the design should they be required. With our expertise and knowledge we can offer you advice on your design ideas, and together we can create a timber construction that will stand the test of time.